Technology provides invaded every facet of our everyday life, through the class room, toward boardroom, to – you thought it! – the bedroom.
Profile and men’s room exercise not too long ago polled 1,200 women and men in an attempt to discover how the digital movement has influenced our relationships and gender life.
What did they find?
Social media marketing features unleashed the inner stalker in basically everybody else.
- About 81percent of men and women surveyed mentioned they don’t de-friend their particular exes on Facebook…which might be regarded as an optimistic signal that friendship is achievable after a separation, were it perhaps not when it comes to undeniable fact that 75percent additionally admitted to placing their own exes under a rigid surveillance regimen.
- 72% of females also admitted to maintaining a detailed eye one their particular recent boyfriends’ previous fires.
- And dudes, if you should be however friends together with your ex-girlfriend, absolutely a 39% chance your current girl is actually frustrated about this.
- 63percent of males mentioned that they investigate a lady on the internet before you go on a romantic date together. 70per cent of females announced that they carry out the ditto.
- Women can be also more likely to snoop within a relationship. 49% said that they’d inspected their own partner’s computer record, and 76percent had opted through a boyfriend’s mail inbox whether or not it ended up being “accidentally kept open.”
Occasionally, technologies helps make circumstances much better.
- Texting may be the number 1 technique lovers use to communicate with one another. Males choose texting over phoning 39per cent of that time period, while ladies utilize texting 150% as often.
- Sexting is very prominent: 70percent of females have sent an attractive book for their partner, and more than two-thirds delivered their companion scandalous photos.
But sometimes, it will make situations even worse.
- 39% of women interviewed mentioned they’d somewhat surrender gender for per year their unique spend their mobile phones, compared with the 80per cent of men just who stated they might stop their particular mobile phones in a pulse.
- While 31per cent of women tend to be OK with getting asked out by text message, almost all – at 65per cent – prefer to be labeled as.
Luckily for us, innovation does not constantly enhance the poor in us. More than 85% of males asserted that, as long as they must choose, they might just take cuddling after popular sex sites over post-coital internet searching, and nearly 50per cent of survey respondents advertised that their gender schedules haven’t ever already been much better.
Want a lot more? Check out Part II for additional revealing is a result of the high-tech gender survey.